Sunday, February 11, 2007

Quick Update

I finished my socks ... but the pic I took of them is not that great ... Then, to make matters worse ... the first time I wore them ... I left them on the couch when I went to bed ... When I work up the next morning ... one of the socks was gone! The cats must have taken off with it!!!! And I still haven't seen anything of it ... :( Don't even want to think about that ...

Anyhow ... I'm working on a pair of socks in the Monkey pattern. I'm doing mine toe-up on one circ, two at a time ... I'm really liking doing my socks like this!

I always started a blog for a knit-along for these socks. If you're interested, you can join here. Just leave a comment with your e-mail address, and I'll send an invite out to you as soon as I can ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cast on for the Monkey socks :) Off to check out the knitalong blog :)

Anonymous said...

hey!! i saw that you knit the monkey socks toe up!!! can you tell me how you do that???

Angeluna said...

Hi Phoenix, In answer to your question about the 72 stitch Monkeys, a friend of mine charted it for me, but basically, you just add one stitch to each side of each motif and then do what comes naturally. I think it adds 1 row to each motif, and of course, adds 8 stitches to make it 72 instead of 64. I don't think they would have fit had I done them on less stitches because they wouldn't have gone over my arch. Looking at them, you wouldn't realize anything was different.

Angeluna said...

Hi Phoenix, In answer to your question about the 72 stitch Monkeys, a friend of mine charted it for me, but basically, you just add one stitch to each side of each motif and then do what comes naturally. I think it adds 1 row to each motif, and of course, adds 8 stitches to make it 72 instead of 64. I don't think they would have fit had I done them on less stitches because they wouldn't have gone over my arch. Looking at them, you wouldn't realize anything was different.

Khalila said...

Hi there,

You left me a comment on my blog asking if I had already bought the Victoria spinning wheel. I did! The girl I bought it from is an independent dealer of Louet and lives in San Diego by me. I took a spinning lesson from her and she told me that she had 3 of the Victoria wheels in stock and that they were $525. I wasn't sure if that was a good price until I went searching on the internet and found out that it was an awesome price and that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it. Even though I'm just now learning how to spin, I figured, I could still sell the wheel for what I paid for it if I didn't love it. So I called her and she's delivering it to my house tomorrow. :)